Minutes – March 9, 2016

Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association

Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, March 9, 2016



The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:30pm by Loryn in room K9622.


In Attendance:

Loryn, Garveen, Jordan, Daniel, Kirstin, Selena, Daniela, Madison, Megan, Lea, Erina, Debbie, Meghan, Alicia, Jimmy, Alam


Open Issues:


1) Kin Cup

-submitted a grant for $220 for gym and equipment booking

-still waiting on confirmation for gym booking, if we don`t hear from them by this time next week Debbie will check in again

-currently only have a two hour time slot

-Tentative schedule:

-10 min set up

   -30 min basketball (to save time lowering the hoops, we could    play a half court game)

                                    -30 min dodgeball

-45 min soccer

-10 min take down

-unfortunately a lot of the profs are away on vacation as it is Spring Break

-Lea will look to see if she can book the gym the hour after (7:30-8:30pm) through the Kin Games club

-we can send out a survey after Kin Cup to see if there is interest in changing up the sports next year, maybe including volleyball or floor hockey?

-Loryn created a Facebook event and sent out an email to the undergrads this morning


2) YEP

-Thursday March 31st at the DAC

-costs $500 to book the space and the prices for a buffet style dinner range from $16.50 to $21 per person

-if we estimate that 85 tickets will be sold at $15 each it would give us $1275, the food and rental fee cost is approximately $1464 so we would have to pay $670 out of core

-will sell tickets for $15 from Mon March 21st to Thurs March 24th, then for $17 Tues March 29th and Wed March 30th and for $20 on the day of on March 31st

-current idea for the food is to start off with the antipasto platter (60) then for the main course will have a pasta entree (60) as well as a vegetarian buffet (with both vegan and gluten free options) (30)

-need to look into getting the liquor license as well (will be a cash bar)

-could get an audio visual display and show pictures of the BPK events from the year

-Loryn will send out an email with class times and if you available during those times let Loryn know and email the prof about speaking to their class about Kin Cup and YEP


3) Updates

-anyone who is not graduating this semester, please consider running for a position for summer!

-President, Vice President, Secretary, Promotional Coordinator, SFSS Council Rep are amongst the positions we will need filled as many execs are graduating this year

-an update from the council meeting is that the idea for the sexual assault support centre was dropped for now



The meeting of the BPKSA was adjourned by Loryn at 1:20pm in room K9622. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 in room K9622.