Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Friday, February 1, 2013
The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 1:30pm on Friday, February 1, 2013 in the BPK Seminar Room by Steven.
- Steven, Sidney, Lucy, Matt, Megan, Sam, Shaila, Kirstin, Jake, Laura, Leandra, Loryn, Jason, Edward, Jordan
- Geeks Gone Wild Pub Night
- if anyone is free tonight stop by the pub to help out
- everything is free if you say you are a Kin or Science student
- Clothing Order
- Sam and Kirstin showed us the brain picture and we all love it!
- clothing items: t-shirts (same brand as last clothing order), zip-ups and sweatpants
- all will be offered in navy, charcoal and red (except the sweats only in navy or charcoal)
- Sweatpants- EKG down the leg with SFU BPK running along side of it
- Zip-Ups- Vitruvian man on the back, SFU BPK logo on chest
- T-shirts- heart or brain image on the front
- Lucy will email the potential printers about pricing
- Next meeting we will decide on prices- want to keep them easy amounts (ie. $20 for t-shirts and $40 for hoodie)
- hopefully able to start selling items in the AQ the first week back after reading break!
- Kin Cup
- East Side of Central Gym is booked from 5:30-8:30 on March 1st
- Set-Up: 5:30, Warm-Up: 5:45, Games Begin: 6:00
- Loryn will make a Facebook event about it
- it will cost a max of $250 for gym rental and possibly a bit more for equipment rentals; Core should cover it
- Food: granola bars, trail mix, yogurt tubes, fruit (bananas, apples), juice boxes, brownies, cookies
- Matt is able to transport the food up the mountain from Costco- we need to talk to Brent about how much to buy
- Water Bottles: Jake can bring in re-usable Gatorade ones, there is also a water fountain in the gym, or note in the Facebook event to bring your own bottle
- Year End Party
- Joyce will contact Club Ilia about booking the whole restaurant for Thursday, March 28
- BPK Program Goals
- foundational knowledge should include more general science skills as the first two years are mainly these types of courses
- include theoretical and practical problem solving
- At next week`s meeting Glen Tibbits will here!
Meeting was adjourned at 2:12pm by Sidney. The next meeting will be Friday, February 8, 2013 in the BPK Seminar Room at 1:30pm.