Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
February 23, 2011
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 11:33am on February 23, 2011 in AQ5038 by Torny Hansen-Bubnick.
- Torny, Matt, Brent, Amanda B., Eric, Steven, Amanda W., Alexandra, Lauren, and Sandra
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Kin Cup
- 9 faculty and 22 undergrads so far
- Approved up to $150 for food
- set-up at 4:45pm
- can get 2 soccer balls and 2 bballs for free
- Motion to reimburse Marissa $20 for equipment rentals
- motion passed unanimously
- Steven, Eric, Amanda B, Marissa for set-up
- bring student cards to sign-out equipment
- Meet up with Marissa in the hallway outside Central Gym first
- Clean-up: Brent, Sandra, Amanda B.
- Referees: honour system
- Games: dodgeball, basketball, soccer
- Best of 5 rounds/games
- 15 minute halves
- ~ 40 minutes in total
- 30 minute halves
- Score keeping during the event
- should get the trophy engraved in the near future
- Amanda B. has connections
- Sun Run
- not many people signed up so far
- price has gone up by $5 now
- Darleen is looking for some old runners for the display case
- needs them by Friday
- they’ll be there for a few weeks, until the Sun Run
- have ~ 65-70 order forms
- extra clothing
- motion to spend $400 on t-shirts, long-sleeves, drawstrings
- motion passes unanimously
- to sell and/or give away at events
- Year-End Party/Pub Night?
- include professors?
- if we run smaller events, can have 2 events
- end of the year bbq
- probably best to get everyone involved
- Matt: price check burgers, hotdogs, veggie burgers, etc. for bbq
- give things away?
- laser tag/bowling?
- Meeting was adjourned at 12:00pm by Torny Hansen-Bubnick. The next meeting will be March 2, 2011 in AQ5038 at 11:30am.