Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Friday, January 11, 2013
The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 1:32pm on Friday, January 11, 2013 in the BPK Seminar Room by Steven.
- Steven, Alex, Lucy, Jason, Megan, Matt, Joyce, Megan, Debbie, Lauryn, Shaila
- Career Event
- Wed, Jan 23rd with Lab Tours running from 3:30-4:45pm and then Breakout Sessions/Exhibitors from 5:00-8:00pm
- the 3 labs we are touring: Cupples, Blaber, Poburko
- 1st breakout session: Kin, OT, Med (rooms booked in Saywell Hall)
- 2nd breakout session: PT, Naturopath (looking to book rooms in AQ)
- as of now our Funding is predicted to be: $300 from Co-op, $50 from Core. We have applied for the following grants: $500 from the department, $500 from the Dean of Science and $1200 from the SFSS.
- need to improve the table set-up so that the vendors in the corners aren’t as hidden as they were last year
- Geek Week
- we have a table booked on Wed Jan 23rd
- Activities we will have: prism goggles, star trace, Tony’s angular momentum wheel, jump platform
- Steven will talk to AJ about promoting Geek Week in the Kin display case
- Clothing Order
- the samples came in and we decided on 3 colours: navy, charcoal and dark red
- still unsure of what logos to use
- we have a list of 6 possible printing companies- Joyce and Lucy will be calling them to see if they print on fabric other than cotton and if they print on other items besides t-shirts
- Kin Cup
- need to promote Kin Cup at Research Day
- thinking of holding it the week after Reading Break- Steven will post a Facebook question to determine the best day
Meeting was adjourned at 2:20pm by Steven. The next meeting will be Friday, January 18, 2013 in the BPK Seminar Room at 1:30pm.