Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Students Association
Wednesday July 9, 2014
Meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:30 by Shaila in AQ 5017
Shaila, Joyce, Garveen, Matt, Sabrina, Deepak
- Will start the “calling campaign” in August:
- Calling new students to promote BPK Kickoff, Welcome Barbeque, Science Orientation, and the Peer Mentorship Program
àRefer students to the BPKSA Webpage to sign up for the mentorship program
- Sabrina will make an invitation for the calling campaign
- if allowed to take the list of the phone numbers of new students from the BPK Office, we can make the phone calls on our own time with our cell phones
- Sabrina has a script for the phone calls drafted up
àPeer Mentorship Program
- MENTORS: GET YOUR PEER MENTORSHIP PROFILES IN ASAP!
- Also something to remember as a mentor, avoid giving out BPK Course/Co-op advice to the students you are mentoringàRefer them to the advisor
àWhat do I love about BPK Video
- Planning on doing the video in about 2 weeks time
- Shaila will send out a reminder via email
- On September 11, 2014
- Steven: need your input and everything you know about this years kick off ASAP!
- Need to get the schedule for kick off drafted:
àSteven has talked to SFU Physio and Gina has talked to peer health, therefore we will have tours of Physio, Peer Health, Strength and Conditioning and Gym Tour
àAfter the tour, there will be the barbeque and after the barbeque, Lab Tours
àneed to figure out how much time to allot to each of the events for the kick off, and when to start the kickoff so it doesn’t conflict with the classes of new students
àGet students to sign up through a websurvey (promoted in the calling campaign)
àWill be by donation: $2.00/person, that will go to Terry Fox
à Update the booklet: include trivia, lab tour description, day’s schedule, change cover, stamps (Sabrina will do this)
àNeed to send Sabrina a schedule for the kick off after next week’s meeting!
àIf anything else is needed for the kick off, contact Sabrina
- Welcome table in front of co-op office: once the class schedules are figured out for the fall, the schedule for the table will be figured out
- Can mention Terry Fox Run during the kickoff
- Deepak will give us more details at the next week’s meeting
àBPK Kickball Event
- Debbie looked into the field bookings online and we need to book the fields 10 days in advance
- Requests can be done online or in person at the main rec office
- July 21, 2014 (Monday) at 5:30 pm
- Have snacks out for the participants
- For an hour and a half; will book Field 2 ($56.25/hour)
- Can rent the ball from the equipment desk
- Will make the Facebook event after booking the field
àHiking at Buntzen Lake
- Maybe only hike to the 2nd view point: saves time and has a very nice view!
- On August 1, 2014
- Shaila motioned to reimburse Joyce $10 for Science World. Matt seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved.
The meeting of the BPKSA was adjourned at Shaila at 1:20 pm. The next meeting will be held next week Wednesday July 16, 2014 in AQ 5017 at 12:30 pm.