Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Students Association
Wednesday June 11, 2014
Meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:30 by Shaila in AQ 5017
Shaila, Garveen, Debbie, Matt, Steven, Leandra
- Get webpage back up and running again; bpksa.org
- Matt will talk to Brent about how to do the BPKSA webpage and will also redesign it
- Update the executives page with pictures, add pictures of BPK clothing, post meeting times and the room, BPK events, more opportunities to get involved, and any other relevant information
- Add a link to the Kin Games
- Add a group picture of the BPKSA
àPeer Mentorship Program
- Once the mentors have been decided the mentors, blurbs of the mentor’s personalities can be posted to the newly updated BPK Webpage
- Need to create a personality tests to match the students in the mentorship program to an appropriate mentor
-Something similar to the Health Science websurvey for their mentorship program:
- http://fhspeer.weebly.com/ àHealth Sciences Mentorship Program Link
- Can ask questions about favourite sports, hobbies, books, music, colour, tv/movie or career choice, horoscope, where they are from etc. to assess personality of those wanting to take part in the mentorship program
àScience World Event (Science of Sports Exhibit)
- June 28, 2014 (Saturday), at 1 pm
- Mohammad applied for the grant which Steven finalized and sent out today
- Joyce emailed Tom Claydon about Lab Tours; Tom emailed the rest of the BPK Professors about Lab Tours (just waiting on more responses).
- Glen Tibbits (Molecular Cardiac Physiology Group) had offered his lab for Lab Tours.
- Need to order new clothing for the fall with new designs
- Use blankstyle.com (the previous site we used) for more ideas on which designs/colours we prefer to order for clothing
- Order athletic wear, with an ECG wave or action potential on it?
- Change the design from the heart and brain to: lungs for t-shirt, add slogan (my vo2 max gives out before I do)
- Do bright colours for athletic wear, keep the same colours as now for casual wear
- Hoodies: keep the same design as now, order more red and navy, cross out “Students Association” and just leave “Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology” on
- Sweat Pants: same design, but bolder ECG wave (in white), darker grey, different sweatpants style
- If you have any other ideas, let us know in the next meeting!
àWeek of Welcome
- Need to check with Darleen on ordering water bottles and if we are covering for water bottles and other swag given out in the week of welcome
- Need to talk to Darleen about funds
- Darleen will finalize details about week of welcome and let us know
The meeting of the BPKSA was adjourned at Shaila at 1:20 pm. The next meeting will be held next week Wednesday June 18, 2014 in AQ 5017 at 12:30 pm.