Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Monday, March 17, 2014
The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:30pm on Monday, March 17, 2014 in SWH 10051 by Steven.
- Steven, Alex, Jake, Debbie, Gina, Erina, Hanna, lea, Ran, Joyce, Shaila, Kirstin, Lorryn
- Year End Party
- Tickets are currently on sale at the BPK Main Office for $15
- Get your tickets ASAP
- SFSS granting has completely ran out of money, so we were only able to get a $500 grant and an additional $15 for printing
- BPKSA Execs, make sure you make your classroom announcements this week!
- Kin Games Travel Granting
- SFSS has granting money for BPKSA members to travel to conferences
- Lea Ramsey motioned and Jake Kemp second the motion to give $100 to every SFU Kin Games member for travel costs for the Kin Games Conference was unanimously approved
- SFSS Forum Update
- Referendum on Health & Dental plan
- Extended health and dental plan that every student will have to use ($250) and the current, basic one is $200
- Everyone will be enrolled in extended plan and you will need to opt out
- SFSS Event: Celebrities Nightclub Tues April 22, $10/ticket to raise money to build endowment fund
- New Chiropractic School coming on SFU property
- The way that the chiropractic school has been advertising made it seem like we would be getting a whole new Recreation Facility. A lot of their advertisement was based on the new facilities instead of more details of what their school is about.
- Our REC centre will most likely still remain the same. It seems to be the community members who want a new private recreation facility since the city of Burnaby won’t pay to make one on Burnaby Moutain
- We are a bit sceptical because we know nothing about the school
- There is talk about how our Kin department should have more say in this new school so that if it follows through, our faculty can have a relationship with the chiropractic school to share some resources
- Our REC centre will still remain the same
- We have to make sure that it’s going to be a good school because it seemed like it’s already agreed that this chiropractic school would be built
- BPK Orientation
- Do we pair it up with Orientation? Make it a 1 day event? What day?
- We will continue this discussion next week
Meeting was adjourned at 1:20 pm by Steven. The next meeting will be at 12:30 on March 24, 2014 in SWH 10051.