Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Friday, May 24, 2013
The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:34pm on Friday, May 24, 2013 in AQ 5004 by Steven.
- Steven, Matt, Megan, Loryn, Megan, Jason, Joyce
- Clothing Order
- Clothing distribution has gone smoothly
- Only ~20 people left to pick up clothing
- Matt and Loryn will join Steven in taking inventory of the remaining clothing items next friday
- Once we have an inventory we can decide whether or not we will do another order for fall semester
- BPK Orientation
- Joyce is bringing the new agenda to the UPC meeting on June 6th
- Still need an estimate of the number of newly admitted students into Kin for fall (will talk to new advisor about this)
- to contact the students email or phone calls will be best
- New Schedule:
Wednesday September 11th
- 1) Meet in lecture hall for a quick welcome/introduction. Split up into clans led by BPKSA members (approx. 11:30).
- 2) SFU Tour of places relevant to BPK students.
- Strength & Conditioning- could have jump platform or infrared camera set up
- SFU Physio
- SFU Rec
- Peer Health
- 3) Head back to the lecture hall and give students a snack on their way in. The approximately hour long talk would cover:
- Who we (the BPKSA) are/what we do. (Meetings, website, Careers in Kin, Kin Cup, Kin Games)
- Kin Main Office (FAQs)
- Brief intro of Kin courses (tips on when to take them, when they are offered, supply them with program checklists, pre-req lists)
Thursday September 12th
- BBQ Lunch or lab tours first? (faculty have allocated free time between 11:30-1:00pm)
- Will talk to Darleen about which would be preferable
- Other future events
- Wings night has been proposed again
- Unsure of how much core funding we will be allocated this semester, once we know how much funding we have available we will decide on future events to hold
Meeting was adjourned at 2:17 pm by Steven. The next meeting will be at 12:30pm on Friday, May 31, 2013 in AQ 5004.