Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
May 31, 2010
- The regular meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:30 on May 31, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by John Abreu-Lanza.
- John, Matt, Sandra, Amanda, Helen, Mark
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Co-op wants to set-up a presentation with Geoff Desmoulins to be held on Friday, June 11 at 1:30 pm in IRMAC Theatre. Darleen wants to know if we’re willing to help out. John will send her an email letting her know we are willing to help.
- 2010 Careers in Kin Presenter Gifts
- Co-op wants to split the costs of gifts for the presenters with us.
- ~$10 – $14 per shirt = ~$70 in total
- Do we split the costs with Co-op? John put it to a vote.
- Unanimous decision to split the costs up to $70.
- Ideas for next school year (2010/2011)
- Week of Welcome
- idea of participating, do we want to?
- Clubs Days
- have forms for clothing sales ready to distribute
- want something to draw attention
- idea of having a contest to see who has highest vertical
- Clothing Sales
- it takes about 2 weeks for an order so thinking of having clothes ready for pick-up around mid to late October
- Kin Cup
- have the same format as last year (Fall ’09 semester)
- would like to have more professors come out
- Club Night
- goal for next year: have people come!
- possible locations:
- back to Gossip?
- Ceilis – good location, need better deal
- Careers in Kin
- like having it during Geek Week
- with other student unions
- want to do it next year, they work
- Year End Party
- have banners with countdowns
- more classroom presentations
- cheaper tickets
- Diamond Alumni Centre
- Club Ilia
- Meeting was adjourned at 1:13am by John Abreu-Lanza. The next meeting will be the week of June 14th in the Kinesiology Seminar Room at a time to be determined.