Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
November 12, 2010
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:31pm on November 12, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by Lauren Tindale.
- Lauren, Matt, Eric, Navnita, John, Amanda, Brent, Stephen, Jane, and Sandra
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Bank account has been changed over to Lauren and Torny
- Authorize to pay Jackie $69 for logo
- can it be reimbursed from our core account?
- Lauren to make motion to pay $69 to Jackie from core/personal account
- John seconds
- Motion passes unanimously
- have not heard back from the supplier yet
- put time into marketing
- John will design the order form for next week
- Careers in Kin
- Grant request put in yesterday
- SSB 9896 and 9898 and the Applied Science Atrium are booked
- try to get IRMACS and maybe Tasc 2
- Tanya Gordon (athletic therapy) is a definite no
- follow up to see if she knows anyone else in AT that is also an SFU grad
- Tina (physiotherapy) is very interested
- pretty much confirmed
- Ashley Cornish (AT) has not gotten back to John yet
- waiting for confirmation and final details for Dr. Hedges and Anne-Kristina Arnold
- confirmed: 3 for kin panel, ergonomics, medicine, physio?
- massage therapy if AT doesn’t follow through next week
- John and Stephen will contact people they know
- 2 panels?
- a 2nd for AT, OT, massage therapist?
- good idea
- exhibitor and presenter packages
- Jane just needs to update them
- Bios don’t need to be in until a week/2 weeks before
- UBC admissions (medicine, physiotherapy, OT)
- recommend to direct people to their website
- it’s pretty comprehensive
- Meeting was adjourned at 12:57pm by Lauren Tindale. The next meeting will be Friday, November 19, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room at 12:30pm.