Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 8:37 on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by Brent.
- Brent, Matt, Lisa, Sydney, AJ, Alex, Lauren
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Roger Takahashi Reflection
- Not enough time for presentation and too much time for questions
- Hockey stick did not get as much money as expected
- Get person to show student ID so that the correct person picks up the shirt
- Table booked all of next week
- This week we will hand it out from the Kinesiology Seminar Room
- Still need someone for after 11 on Wednesday and before 11 on Thursday
- Careers in Kin
- Which careers: Chiro, Med, Ergo, Physio, ect
- Only have 2 break-out sessions so they can be longer and larger
- Have more time for lab tours and have break outs start later
- Possibilities: Sports Psyc, Nutrition, Paramedic, OT, Kinesiologists
- Next week: look at what worked the last couple of years with time and careers
- Possibly look at West Mall Complex for more space but it’s farther from labs
- YouTube Channel
- Give clips of what course is like and vids from events
- See in depth what a course is like
- Get Steven to input what his overall vision is for this
- It can possibly help with Kin recruitment in high school
- Meeting was adjourned at 9:15am by Brent. The next meeting will be Tuesday, November 29, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room at 8:30am.