Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
November 25th, 2009
- The regular meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:30pm on November 25th, 2009 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by John Abreu-Lanza.
- John, Lauren, Torny, Blaine, Brent, Marissa, Matt, Brett and Sandra.
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Careers in Kin
- Areas we have: Med, Physiotherapy, OT, Chiropractor, Sport & Conditioning, Sports Psychology
- Brett: Andrew Wong – Waiting on schedule
- John: Still to contact mike foster
- To contact OT student that he knows
- Strength and conditioning: Derek can’t and Nathan may not have time, John is still waiting to hear back from him
- Darleen: Sports psyc at UBC
- Tom Clayton: Will have interesting lab tours to start at about 4:15
- Cherri has Irmacs + 3 rooms confirmed and a request in for 2 more rooms
- Has grant written up and will submit today
- We will need to put the SFSS logo on the posters
- John has contacted Jackie
- Very interested, but cannot start until after exams
- Meeting with her next week to talk about expectations and costs
- General meetings & next meeting
- Next week will be the last meeting of this term
- Suggested that we announce the GM at clubs days and have it the following Wednesday
- All in favour
- Elections will be held at the General Meeting in January
- We will need to place an ad in the peak and put up 10 small posters in noticeable areas
- Additional Business
- Common room update
- Nothing to update
- Waiting to hear back from the Communications President
- External relations officer position
- Stephanie has resigned. We will fill this position at the General Meeting in January
- We will split duties for now if needed
- First meeting of spring semester
- Please send your schedules into John at firstname.lastname@example.org so he can set a meeting time to work for as many people as possible
- Geek Week 2010
- Sent out an e-mail about Geek week: Looking for Volunteers
- Please volunteer if you are able to because they are helping to promote our event.
- Meeting was adjourned at 12.43pm by John Abreu-Lanza. The next general meeting will be at 12:30pm on December 2nd, 2009 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room.