Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
October 11, 2011
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 8:37am on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by Brent.
- Brent, Lisa, AJ, Sydney, Matt, Natasha, Lauren
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Brent try to get buttons made for t-shirt sale $0.10/button plus printing
- Motion to spend up to $20 on buttons – All approved
- Careers in Kin
- Have prizes – e-mail companies to donate stuff for prizes
- Kin Cup
- Sports ideas: soccer, dodge ball, hand ball
- Other ideas: volleyball, kickball, ultimate
- Looking for bigger gym because of high turn out last year – central gym is expensive
- Sydney will ask REC about using West Gym – prices and if we can play soccer
- Trophy should be engraved soon
- Year-end Party
- Diamond Alumni Club looks like the best option now – look into prices
- Theme? Pink&black, red carpet night
- Main dining room 120 people is $850 (Discount if we get an Alumni $360)
- Name tags to help people mingle
- Club Ilia is option if DAC is too expensive
- Roger Takahashi
- Nov 14 or 15 at 4:30
- Book Images Theater and Helpern Centre for reception (wine and cheese? Snacks?)
- BCAK will help fund $1000 as part of 20th anniversary (gifts for Roger, Nancy Johnson, & Craig Asmundsun)
- try to get jersey to sell
- Profits from jersey: Keep half and donate half to Canuck place?
- Photography club?
- track them down to get photos for events
- General Meeting
- will be in the evening to attract more people
- Geek Week
- Some cool things to grab attention: 241 tape clinic, ECG race bike, postural sway demo, pin something on skeleton, grip strength contest, demo about power balance bracelets don’t work
- Meeting was adjourned at 9:24am by Brent. The next meeting will be Tuesday, October 18, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room at 8:30am.