Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
October 22, 2010
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:33pm on October 22, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by Lauren Tindale.
- Lauren, Matt, Marissa, Brent, Eric, Navnita, Amanda, and Sandra
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- happy with the revised logo
- Geek Week
- Careers in Kin happens to be during the week of Geek Week again
- Last week of January
- Matt – find info about it and go to meetings
- Careers in Kin
- if sign in starts at 4 and lab tours to 4:30 and exhibitors from 4 – 5:15, first break out session 5:20
- can always push things back if the presenters can’t make it in time
- Medicine students covered and maybe Dr. Hedges as well
- Darleen has confirmed Andrew Montgomery for the panel
- Terry Jacobson hasn’t confirmed but is a possibility
- interested in having him if he wasn’t here last year
- BCKA, SFU grad studies confirmed as exhibitors
- Kin panel – bracing and WorkSafe BC
- Maybe Geoff Desmoulins and a nutritionist/dietician
- nutritionist/dietician for the panel?
- Ask Anne-Kristina Arnold to speak or ask if she knows people in ergonomics (Matt)
- something different
- a variety of people working in different areas of ergonomics
- physiotherapy, medicine, ergonomics, panel, fifth spot still open
- Meeting was adjourned at 12:56pm by Lauren Tindale. The next meeting will be Friday, October 29, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room at 12:30pm.