Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
October 29, 2010
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:31pm on October 29, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by Lauren Tindale.
- Lauren, Matt, Brent, Eric, Navnita, Steven, Torny, Marissa, John, Daniel, and Sandra
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Banner is done!
- comes out of our core account
- Still working on getting signing authorities changed
- not going to happen this semester
- we need to decide on prices, everything else is set
- prices (our prices/2008 prices/2010 selling prices)
- t-shirts: $9/$12/$12
- long sleeve t-shirts: $12/$16/$15
- hoodies (pullover): $23(heavy weight) or $27(ultra cotton)/~$30/$30
- zip-ups: $26/~$35/$35
- sweatpants: $16.50/$22/$22
- drawstring bags: $8.50/-/$10-12 (depending on size)
- size? quality?
- do this at all?
- polos: $22 (dry-fit polo)/-/$30
- shorts: $18/-/$25
- more like basketball shorts (9inch in-seam)
- ~2 weeks for forms, ~2-4 weeks for the order, ~2+ weeks for pick-up
- order forms and samples for clubs day for sure!
- next meeting – how to promote it during this semester
- Careers in Kin
- Marissa has letters to dean
- send it to Lauren
- donations letters have been handed out to Nesters, Booster Juice, Pizza Point, and Renaissance
- try Club Illia
- everyone else can help out with this too
- John to follow up with Tonya (Athletic Therapist)
- Dr. Hedges
- needs to look at his schedule
- may or may not be a presenter
- can provide medicine students
- Darleen has sent Anne-Kristina Arnold
- she is interested
- either she presents or students presents
- ask Nick Duran
- physiotherapy students
- 1st and 2nd yr physiotherapy students (Darleen)
- Matt’s brother-in-law?
- Presenters here by 5 pm, first break out session at 5:20pm
- unless presenters can’t get here in time
- one more presenter slot
- athletic therapy?
- Tonya and Ashley (John)
- other 4 are: physiotherapy, med school, ergonomics, and panel
- gifts for presenters!!
- don’t really have money to pay for gifts
- Torny’s doing the grant application
- meet with Cheri for budget
- Meeting was adjourned at 1:22pm by Lauren Tindale. The next meeting will be Friday, November 5, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room at 12:30pm.