Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 8:34 on October 4, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by Brent.
- Brent, Lauren, AJ, Sydney, Torny, Margaret, Alex
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- We’ve got lots of positive feedback on shirt and logo
- Selling on Oct. 5, 6, 12, 13 on table in South AQ
- We can also sell shirts at Geek Week
- We will see how much we can sell now and then order more later
- Motion: to allow Brent to be reimbursed for $19.67 for T-shirt pick up
- Having a General Meeting for SFSS
- Have to advertise BPKSA in Peak and hand out 10 papers
- Grab attention by advertising food at meetings
- Have prizes like “join the facebook group and win a shirt”
- use SFSS button maker to make BPK buttons to give out at BPKSA table.
($0.10/button. Have to find out the cost for template and colour vs. black&white)
- Careers in Kin
- Scheduled for January 25th, 2012 during Geek Week
- Kin Cup
- Scheduled for February 24th, 2012
- Amanda doesn’t have last year’s winners engraved on the trophy because she doesn’t know exactly what we want written on it
- Year end party
- Has to be March 30th since April 6th is Easter and April 13th is start of exams
- West Mall Atrium is less comfortable
- Diamond Alumni Club has $1000 initial cost. We will see what our financial situation ends up this semester. We want to make tickets ~$15
Other things addressed
- We only have $250 in the core account (the $750 that was said to be in it was a typo.)
- We should look into getting a photographer for events. Then we can post them on facebook and the website
- Have smaller events with small groups and expand by bringing friends (eg. grouse grind, Canucks pub night, ect)
- Meeting was adjourned at 9:15am by Brent. The next meeting will be Tuesday, October 11, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar room at 8:30am.