Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
September 20, 2011
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 8:33 on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by Torny.
- Torny, Matt, AJ, Sydney, Brent, Alex
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- BPKSA Elections
- President – Brent begrudgingly accepts nomination
- Vice President – Torny
- Treasurer – AJ
- Secretary – Alex
- UPC Rep – Brent
- Forum Rep – Matt
- Internal/External Relations – Sydney
- Webmaster – AJ
- Promotion – n/a
- BCAK – can be incorporated with External Relations
- Future Events
- Lauren has ordered shirts – Is there a tracking number?
- One company: $4 printing/shirt, no set up shirt, no sleeve logo fee
- Another company: $2 printing/shirt, with set up fees and extra sleeve logo fees
- Did Lauren get size XL for sample?
- Next year might go back to large order or 2 orders
- Roger Takahashi
- He is only available on Friday night during National Kin Week so it will not be held that week. We will hold the event in November
- BCAK has $1000 for the event for that week. We do not know if they will provide funding if it’s not during National Kin Week
- Even if we can’t get funding, booking all rooms for the night it is only ~$70
- Posters are already made
- Careers in Kin
- During Geek Week: Tues or Wed? Wednesday the 25th of January would be better with more students on campus and it only interfere with a couple of labs
- Joint Pub Night with Science
- AJ will liaison between BPK and Science to organize
- Test tube shots?
- “Plan S” type night
- Liaison allows more grant money and bigger attendance
- Meeting was adjourned at 9:16 by Torny. The next meeting will be Tuesday, September 27, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room at 8:30.