Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
September 27, 2011
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 8:35am on September 27, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by Brent.
- Brent, Lauren, Matt, AJ, Alex, Sydney
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- BPK Elections
- No promo rep, we will all contribute
- Brent will try to see if we can get BCAK involved with us since they are interested in student involvement
- Brent will pick up shirts which have arrived to P.O. box
- Pick days to have table and have people fill out form and pay on the spot
- we get profit from undergrad sales, grads get profit from graduate sales and we will split 60/40 for staff and prof sales
- Brent will look into how much tax will cost to get the shirts over the boarder
- Brent will see how much it will cost to get the T-shirt front small logo
- Roger Takahashi
- Brent will talk to Darleen this week about possible days
- Brent will talk to BCAK if they will still contribute to cost even if it’s not during National Kin Week
- Fall/Spring Events
- Brent will look at past minutes to check out dates that will work for events to contact professors with a schedule in advance
- Year-end party
- talk to SFSS about sponsoring events at pub and if we could do it somewhere else to include under-aged students
- Club Ilia was too crowded last year, and there was no dessert
- West Mall Atrium? To allow all ages and gain money from selling alcohol and buy our own food but the presentation of plastic tables and chairs isn’t pleasing or comfortable
- Need to find a location to accommodate underage students
- AJ will ask if the pub can have wrist bands for people over 19
- Diamond Alumni Club an option if they can give us a cheaper meal
- Facebook group
- AJ creating new facebook group
- Careers in Kin
- Jan 25th
- Meeting was adjourned at 9:13 by Brent. The next meeting will be Tuesday, October 4, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room at 8:30am.